What are these deadlines I'm seeing?
Seniors will notice a deadline for each college they see or choose to Follow. That is the day by which the college needs RaiseMe Portfolio information. It is often not the same as the deadline for the admission application. Deadline days can be as early as August or as late as May during your Senior year, and they are set by the college.
The deadline is technically at 11:59 PM in your time zone. You'll need to be done with your Portfolio by then and meet certain requirements in order to be submitted by our system. See below under "When am I done with my Portfolio?"
When am I "done" with my Portfolio?
Our system will automatically submit all Portfolios that meet the following criteria at 11:59 PM on Deadline Day:
- Student is a senior (graduating that year)
- Student is Following the college
- Portfolio has at least 15 class credits accumulated
- Portfolio GPA meets the minimum requirement for that college
You also need to check the eligibility requirements for that college - there may be other things you need to do outside of RaiseMe, like submit FAFSA forms or apply for admission by a certain day.
How do I know if I've done those 4 things?
- If you are seeing the earnings deadline and/or receiving emails, you know you're a senior. You can also see and edit your graduation year at the top of your Portfolio next to your picture.
- Go to a college's page on RaiseMe and click "Follow." If you are Following that college, you'll see your earnings to that college on their page. You'll also see the college appear on your Portfolio on the right-hand side.
- On the right-hand side of your Portfolio, you'll see a little red number next to college you're Following if you don't have enough credits. For example, it will show "4" and when you hover over it, it will tell you that you need 4 more credits to be submitted on their deadline.
- Go to a college's page and click "Your Scholarships" to see the Eligibility Requirements, including a minimum GPA. If you don't meet the minimum GPA for a college, you will not see earnings for them on RaiseMe.
How do I submit my Portfolio once it's done?
As long as you've completed everything above, you will be submitted automatically by our system. When you come back to your account a few days later you'll see that you have been "submitted," meaning your Portfolio was sent to the college, to be referenced if you are accepted to the school. Read more here about redeeming micro-scholarships.
There is currently no way for a user to manually submit a Portfolio.
The RaiseMe deadline has already passed for a college I'm interested in. Can I still submit a Portfolio?
Because it's already passed, RaiseMe is not able to submit any more information to the college. They set their deadlines for specific reasons, usually related to how they allocate funds, and we're not able to adjust those or make exceptions.
However, you can reach out to the school's financial aid or admissions office directly and ask about scholarship opportunities if you are still hoping to apply/attend. Deadlines also run from August of senior year all the way until April/May in some cases, so there may be other colleges with later deadlines.