What are these deadlines I'm seeing?
College students whose planned transfer term is approaching will notice an earning deadline for each 4-year college they see or choose to Follow. That is the date by which the 4-year college needs RaiseMe Portfolio information for students planning to transfer in a certain semester. It is often not the same as a 4-year college’s application deadline for admission. Earning deadline dates are set by each 4-year college for the different transfer start terms they offer.
The deadline is technically at 11:59 PM in your time zone. You'll need to be done with your Portfolio by then and meet certain requirements in order to be submitted by our system. See below under "When am I done with my Portfolio?"
When am I "done" with my Portfolio?
Our system will automatically submit all Portfolios that meet the following criteria at 11:59 PM on a 4-year college’s deadline day for a specific planned transfer term:
- Student has selected that planned transfer term in their RaiseMe portfolio (i.e. Spring 2022)
- Student is Following the 4-year college
- Student’s Portfolio has at least the minimum number of completed credit hours required by that 4-year college
- Student’s RaiseMe GPA meets that 4-year college’s minimum college GPA requirement
You also need to check the eligibility requirements for that 4-year college - there may be other things you need to do outside of RaiseMe, like submit FAFSA forms or apply for admission by a certain date.
How do I know if I've done those 4 things?
- If you are seeing the earnings deadline and/or receiving emails, you know the deadline applies to your currently selected transfer term. You can also see and edit your planned transfer term at the top of your Portfolio next to your picture if you plan to enter a 4-year college as a transfer student in a later semester.
- Go to a 4-year college's page on RaiseMe and click "Follow." If you are Following that 4-year college, you'll see your earnings to that 4-year college on their page. You'll also see the 4-year college appear on your Portfolio on the right-hand side.
- On the right-hand side of a 4-year college’s profile page, you'll see a “Credit Hours Completed” section that shows how many credit hours you have compared to the minimum required number for that 4-year college to be submitted on their earning deadline.
- Go to a 4-year college's page and click "Your Scholarships" to see the Eligibility Requirements, including a minimum GPA. If you don't meet the minimum GPA for a 4-year college, you will not see earnings for them on RaiseMe.
How do I submit my Portfolio once it's done?
As long as you've completed everything above, you will be automatically submitted by our system. When you come back to your account a few days later you'll see that you have been "submitted," meaning your Portfolio was sent to the 4-year college, to be referenced if you are accepted to the school. Read more here about redeeming micro-scholarships.
There is currently no way for a user to manually submit a Portfolio.
The RaiseMe deadline has already passed for a 4-year college I'm interested in. Can I still submit a Portfolio?
Because it has already passed, RaiseMe is not able to submit any more information to the 4-year college. They set their deadlines for specific reasons, usually based on when they evaluate applicants for scholarships and financial aid, and we're not able to adjust those or make exceptions.
However, you can reach out to the school's financial aid or admissions office directly and ask about scholarship opportunities if you are still hoping to apply/attend. Note that other 4-year colleges’ deadlines may not have passed yet.