Who can see my Portfolio information?
- Colleges you've chosen to Follow. By following a college, you indicate that you would like to earn scholarships from that college, learn more about them, and allow the college to learn more about you.
- Educators you've Connected with. Only verified teachers and counselors can Connect with you and see your student information so that they can review the accuracy of that information if necessary. We verify Educators’ profiles to make sure they are who they say they are before they are allowed to connect with students on RaiseMe. You can limit Educator access to your Portfolio in your Account Settings.
No one else can see students’ Portfolio.
How does RaiseMe use my Account Settings information?
Some colleges offer specialized micro-scholarship programs based on factors including:
- Whether you’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Whether you participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Whether you’re a first-generation college student (that is, neither of your parents graduated from college)
- Whether you have a learning difficulty or disability
- Your sex assigned at birth and/or the gender with which you identify
- Where you live or attend school
- Whether you attend school in the U.S. or outside the U.S.
Except for your school and your address, all this information is optional. However, we strongly recommend you fill out this information in Account Settings so that you qualify for as many micro-scholarship programs as possible.
Why do I see “Complete your Profile to determine eligibility” when I look at some colleges?
If you’re viewing a college that offers micro-scholarship programs based on certain criteria (like citizenship status or gender) that you haven’t yet filled out in Account Settings, you’ll be asked to add that information before we can determine your eligibility for that program. Fill out your profile in Account Settings to ensure you’re eligible for as many programs as possible.
Who can see the information I’ve entered into Account Settings?
The following people and organizations can see the information you enter:
- Colleges you’ve Followed
- Teachers, counselors, and mentors, you’re connected to
We will not share your information with anyone else without your explicit consent (for example, if you authorize a third-party service to access your account). Your Account Settings information will not be shared with government or law enforcement services, and will not be sold to advertisers.
Will this information be included in my application?
Your Account Settings information won’t automatically be included in your college applications.
What if I don’t provide this information?
Except for your school and address, you can choose not to provide all the information in your Account Settings by either not answering or selecting “Prefer not to answer.” However, you may not see all the scholarships you could qualify for.
What if my information is incorrect?
If you apply, enroll, and are accepted to a college that offers a specialized program based on your demographics, you may need to provide verification to receive your scholarships. If your information is incorrect, you may be ineligible for the scholarships you earn on RaiseMe.
Still have questions?